Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bits and pieces....

Where to begin... I have a whole list of stuff that's happened and reasons why more hasn't happened of late. What we have done is attack that bloody drive shaft with newly acquired air tools -yay for air tools!- alas to no avail. We managed to remove 1 lonely bolt and the rest will have to be drilled out. I have proof! It was an epic task for not much reward....

1 down 3 to go..

Other Mustang progress includes the removal of the exhaust system. WD40 did the trick, after soaking the bolts for a fortnight they were pretty easy to undo. Note to self: next time when removing the exhaust from a 1988 Mustang don't lie under the piece that you're unbolting. It will pin you.




Obligatory picture of exhaust pieces. I don't have one of the headers because I honestly don't know where they ended up! 


My next task was to figure out how to remove the fuel tank while Jeff and Claire were working on the K frame. I was ably assisted by Jakey, who would lie next to me under the car licking my face while I was undoing bolts which was extremely helpful if a little distracting. He also has to be louder than the air compressor at all times! 

Gillian's little helper :)


We've not done much in the garage of late because I had a visitor! The lovely Wendi came for a week and we hung out, went to the beach, had a bonfire party and made cupcakes. Much less engine grease involved all round!


Luauing it up!
Bonifre party: bikers, booze, bonfire. Perfect.

Clearly the only way to roast marshmallows! 
Other things we've done have been routine maintenance, oil changes, air filters that kind of thing. We also had to charge up the Dodge after someone left the ignition on all night and drained the battery. Clever Daniel is clever. These tasks were made better by a liberal application of beer.





And finally, one of our favorite things to do is cruise the Lemon Lot on Base. I have drooled over many things there but this was the best so far, a Plymouth Valiant 200, only $2500. In need of love but looking amazing for it's year (which I have forgotten)

The pictures are all out of whack, it's doing my nut. I give up.







No comments:

Post a Comment